Shipping Time and Cost
Shipping times and costs vary by item. Each is listed below. Please read the section for your item(s) thoroughly for details.
- The cost of shipping is included in the price of the tags for supporters in the US.
- Monarch Watch tags are only shipped EAST of the continental divide.
- Please only order enough tags for your tagging activities this year. Tags are only good for the year they are issued. NOTE: Tagging kits are non-refundable.
Peak fall migration season is from September - November. This is the only time of year we ship tagging kits.
- Tagging kits ship via USPS First Class Mail without tracking numbers. USPS First Class Mail can take 5-7 days to be delivered within the US.
- We ship to time the arrival of your tags with peak migration in your area. For example, if peak migration in your area is in October, we will ship your tags in late September.
To find your estimated delivery time, do an internet search for your town or zip code + latitude. E.g. "66074 latitude". Match your latitude to the chart below and expect to receive your tags just before peak migration in your area.
- Shipping costs $26 per box and we are able to fit up to 4 kits per box. All Rearing Kits are shipped via UPS Next Day Air to minimize the amount of time the caterpillars are in transit.
- Please provide an appropriate UPS delivery address and make arrangements for someone to accept your package.
- We are not responsible for packages that are delivered to receiving departments, delayed in delivery to the intended recipient, or are left unattended at a residence.
- Kits are shipped Monday through Thursday via UPS Next Day Air for delivery Tuesday through Friday.
- We cannot guarantee a specific delivery date. However, we do our best to fill all of the orders each week.
- If for any reason there is a chance your kit(s) will not be delivered the week you requested you will be notified via email (if provided) by Friday of the requested week. Your kit(s) will roll over to the next available ship week unless you contact us to select a new ship week.
- We only ship larvae to areas within the United States, east of the** continental divide due to federal regulations.**
Monarch Waystation Certificates and Signs
- Shipping is included in the price of the $16 certification. There is a shipping fee of $7.95 per sign that is ordered.
- If you are getting certificate(s) only, your package will be mailed via USPS First Class Mail.
- If you are also getting at least one sign, your package will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail which generally takes 2-3 days.
Waystation certificates are printed on demand once a week and then all waystation orders are shipped on Fridays. Our waystation week runs from Wednesday - Tuesday. Here are time-frames to help you determine when your order will ship:
|Day you placed your order
||Number of Business Days until it will ship
All Other Items
- Shipping rates, as well as available shipping methods, will vary depending upon the size of your order and delivery location. Certain items incur a separate shipping charge. This will be indicated on the checkout page in the Shipping section.
- Items not mentioned above ship from our warehouse in Michigan and are generally processed in 3-5 business days.
- Shipping is available worldwide. If you selected standard postal mail for your shipping method, it can take up to 8-10 weeks for delivery.While most customers receive their order within 3-4 weeks, this delivery time frame often depends heavily on the customs clearing process for your particular country.
- Additionally, the tracking number provided will not produce any results. Unfortunately, once your order leaves our country we have no further shipping information to provide.
- Please allow a full 10 weeks from the ship date to receive your order before initiating an inquiry.
- All packages are shipped from the United States. Please be advised that your local government may assess international trade taxes or customs duties upon package arrival, which are not the responsibility of Monarch Watch. Contact your local customs office for more information.